Old 06-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Was and is: Wheezy: Virtualization package recommendations

On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 22:13 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 13:51 -0600, green wrote:
> > T Elcor wrote at 2012-06-23 11:19 -0600:
> > > I'm looking into running Windows XP as guest on a Debian Wheezy box. The
> > > hardware is fairly recent (should support virtualization) and Windows XP
> > > will be used only occasionally, not a production environment, so the goal
> > > is to have an easy virtualization setup that minimally impacts the host OS
> > > (Debian).
> > >
> > > Any ideas? Thanks
> >
> > virtualbox for a full GUI or kvm for full functionality via CLI
>
> I'm running VBox on Arch with XP SP2 as guest, to be able to use iTunes
> (more or less). VBox suffers from the fact, that USB is a very, very,
> very, weak point.

Sorry, joe1assistly@gmail.com chimed in, I'm curious if editing the
subject, will keep the spam away.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Ralf Mardorf

> Sorry, joe1assistly@gmail.com chimed in, I'm curious if editing the
> subject, will keep the spam away

It does!

Old 06-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 22:19 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > Sorry, joe1assistly@gmail.com chimed in, I'm curious if editing the
> > subject, will keep the spam away
>
> It does!

No it doesn't , there just is a little bit more delay.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Mika Suomalainen

23.06.2012 23:21, Ralf Mardorf kirjoitti:

>> > It does!
> No it doesn't , there just is a little bit more delay.

Don't mention him if you want to keep him away.

--
[Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||

NOTICE! I am on mobile broadband with very limited time, so I cannot
read emails very much.
The best time to contact me is probably weekends when I have better
connectivity with good luck.

[gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys
4DB53CFE82A46728](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/key.txt) ||
[Why do I sign my
emails?](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/WhyDoISignEmails.html) ||
[Do you have problems verifying my PGP/MIME signature on mailing
list?](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/PGP-MIME.html) ||
[Please don't send
HTML.](http://mkaysi.github.com/articles/complaining/HTML.html) ||
[This signature](https://gist.github.com/2643070#file_icedove.md)

[Please reply below this
line](http://mkaysi.github.com/articles/complaining/topposting.html)

Old 06-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Mika Suomalainen

24.06.2012 10:11, Mika Suomalainen kirjoitti:

>> > No it doesn't , there just is a little bit more delay.
> Don't mention him if you want to keep him away.

Edit: that doesn't work.

PS. Sorry for return receipt asking. I am on computer, which I haven't
used in a long time so some Icedove settings are weird.