-   -   FW: Bits from the Release Team: Final countdown! (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/676264-fw-bits-release-team-final-countdown.html)

Andrei POPESCU 06-23-2012 05:31 PM

FW: Bits from the Release Team: Final countdown!

----- Forwarded message from Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org> -----

Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:16:07 +0100
From: Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org>
To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org
Subject: Bits from the Release Team: Final countdown!

Hi,

We know no-one likes reading long mails on d-d-a, so we'll keep this
short: we'll be stopping automatic migrations of packages from unstable
to testing - aka freezing - on June 30th.

Any packages in unstable before the 19:52 dinstall begins on that day
will be given automatic freeze exceptions (for the specific version in
unstable).

As with the Squeeze freeze the process will be gradual, with a more
liberal acceptance policy in the earlier stages. Precise details as to
what that means will be available soon.

Regards,

Neil McGovern
for the ☃-ing Release Team