Old 06-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Camaleón

Default Not getting mailing list response in my inbox

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 13:11:39 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 11:51:29 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello Camaleón,
>
>>There is no option to setup a smtp server in Pan, I only can post to
>
> Isn't there?

Mmm... no.

> There used to be.

In Pan? You can:

a/ Define the default app to handle e-mail, web browser and text editor.

b/ Reply only to the user (hitting "r" in Pan's parlance) but the message
goes nowhere because no smtp server is in place so it's a dead end. In
fact, what that option does in opening a new mesage in Thunderbird (my
system's default MUA) with only the "To" and "Subject" fields filled
(i.e., empty body, no quoted text).

Of course, I can manually create a new message from any of my MUAs but
that's not going to happen because there is the archive ;-)

> Admittedly, it's only possible to *either* follow up *or* reply, not
> both at the same time. So anything akin to CC is out of the question.

AFAICT, I only can post/follow-up normally to the mailing list.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Brad Rogers

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 12:38:27 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Camaleón,

>In Pan? You can:

My memory is faulty; I was thinking of old Pan (which I still prefer).
New Pan does lots of things differently.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Old 06-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:04:17 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 12:38:27 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello Camaleón,
>
>>In Pan? You can:
>
> My memory is faulty; I was thinking of old Pan (which I still prefer).
> New Pan does lots of things differently.

I'm using Pan 0.132 (is what Lenny had).

Anyway, after reading this post I feel as if I were living in the
dinosaurce era and thus feeling like a diplodocus...

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pan-devel/2007-08/msg00005.html

I wish Wheezy comes out tomorrow >;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Chris Bannister

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 12:45:19PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 10:30 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> > [snip] I already gave you some hints: [snip]
> > P.S. I can't CC, sorry!
>
> So (at least) this mail is quiet useless . However, I send carbon

+1

"Does a falling tree make a sound when there is no one around to hear
it."
Now I know what that saying/proverb means.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X

Old 06-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Chris Bannister

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 01:11:39PM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 11:51:29 +0000 (UTC)
> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Camaleón,
>
> >There is no option to setup a smtp server in Pan, I only can post to
>
> Isn't there? There used to be. Admittedly, it's only possible to
> *either* follow up *or* reply, not both at the same time. So anything
> akin to CC is out of the question.

At least a reply would make more sense in this case.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X

Old 06-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Osamu Aoki

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 03:32:27PM +0530, Harshad Joshi wrote:
> Hello to admins and mailing list managers...
>
> I am not able to receive responses posted to my topics i mailed to the
> list..Can someone help to sort out this issue? Is it gmail that is
> preventing mails from getting in? #help

This is a famous Gmail feature.

You are sending mail from Gmail (Web interface I suppose.)

Then Gmail do not put looped mail into your inbox.

There are some archive mail here explaining where on Google help page
this is documented.

Osamu

Old 06-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 00:20:46 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 03:32:27PM +0530, Harshad Joshi wrote:
>> Hello to admins and mailing list managers...
>>
>> I am not able to receive responses posted to my topics i mailed to the
>> list..Can someone help to sort out this issue? Is it gmail that is
>> preventing mails from getting in? #help
>
> This is a famous Gmail feature.

(...)

I think you mean this:

***
Not receiving email from groups
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&topic=1668979&hlrm=es&ctx=topic&an swer=6588
***

What Gmail's webmail filters is _your own_ replies but not the other user
replies to your posts; that would be too much insane... even for
Google ;-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Brad Rogers

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 00:20:46 +0900
Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:

Hello Osamu,

>Then Gmail do not put looped mail into your inbox.

AIUI, OP is bemoaning lack of _responses_ to queries, not the failure by
gmail to return own messages.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"
Tell the dinosaurs they just won't survive
The History Of The World (Part 1) - The Damned

Old 06-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Lisi

On Saturday 23 June 2012 11:02:27 Harshad Joshi wrote:
> Hello to admins and mailing list managers...
>
> I am not able to receive responses posted to my topics i mailed to the
> list..Can someone help to sort out this issue? Is it gmail that is
> preventing mails from getting in? #help

Harshad,

This is the first email I have received from you. Perhaps the lack of
response is due to your emails not getting through. Have you checked?

Lisi

Old 06-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Ralf Mardorf

OT for the OT:

Brad's record collection.

I'm getting old . From "Wire" YouTube linked to "Butthole Surfers".
However I asked Google to give me some Hüska Dü instead . I at least
should get "Zen Arcade" on vinyl, still on my list to buy before that
are the MC5's "Babes in Arms" and everything from Radio Birdman.

Man, I hope your records are on vinyl and not on CD.

Hard Rock unplugged
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzu49liJ93U