Old 06-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Brian

Default What to do when testing come to stable on a Debian wheezy/sid?

On Fri 22 Jun 2012 at 10:56:04 -0500, John Hasler wrote:

> Gary Dale writes:
> > Running pure sid like he seems to be is just nuts.
>
> I've been running pure Sid since it was invented. Works fine. Of
> course it would be silly to run Sid and do daily updates.

I'm not too sure about daily or regular updates being silly as opposed
to unnecessary, but I do like the attitude you have. How do you deal
with security updates? Subscribe to the relevant mailing list, I
suppose.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:47 PM
John Hasler

Brian writes:
> I'm not too sure about daily or regular updates being silly as opposed
> to unnecessary...

Daily and/or automatic updates when running Sid are silly because sooner
or later they will get you in trouble.

> How do you deal with security updates? Subscribe to the relevant
> mailing list, I suppose.

When running Sid you must read both debian-devel and debian-security.

-devel will warn you about breakages and transitions so that you will
know when and when not to upgrade. -security is obvious.
--
John Hasler
How do you deal

Old 06-22-2012, 05:55 PM