Old 04-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Default how th generate like oficial site from packages (or CD's)

abelahcene wrote:

Hi,
sorry to disturb you, may this is a trivial question but I haven't
receive a validate answer!!!

I want to create a local repository: I explain :
I have downloaded Packages I need to the common student ( I am teacher
in university), say the official CD1 and other packages from the site,
So I have a list of about more thounsand soft.

I want to create frome theses packages a local repository to :
1. Install the debian directly by using PXE ( PXE I know how to
configure it),
2. I complete later the installation from my repository (I know how
to do it).

So The problem is : when the installer searches for the Releases, and
gpg files it doesn't find them, because I haves to respect the
arborescene of the official site. This what I don't know how to do it.

How the create like an "official site" from my packages ?

You mean this?
http://people.connexer.com/~roberto/howtos/debrepository#setup

Hugo

Old 04-10-2008, 05:06 PM
"Kevin B. McCarty"

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> You mean this?
> http://people.connexer.com/~roberto/howtos/debrepository#setup

You should probably note that there is a big warning basically saying
"these directions are obsolete, look at [1] instead" near the top of
that page.

[1] http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/286

best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>
WWW: http://www.starplot.org/

Old 04-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

You mean this?
http://people.connexer.com/~roberto/howtos/debrepository#setup

You should probably note that there is a big warning basically saying
"these directions are obsolete, look at [1] instead" near the top of
that page.

[1] http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/286

Indeed, reprepro is a lot better, I tried it yesterday, and faster too.
I invoke reprepro from a C++ program to generate a local mirror of all
the packages that a system contains, generated by dpkg-repack, if
anybody is interested.

Hugo

Old 04-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Preston Boyington

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Indeed, reprepro is a lot better, I tried it yesterday, and faster too.
I invoke reprepro from a C++ program to generate a local mirror of all
the packages that a system contains, generated by dpkg-repack, if
anybody is interested.

Hugo

I am very interested. How can I get more information?

Preston

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Old 04-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Preston Boyington wrote:

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Indeed, reprepro is a lot better, I tried it yesterday, and faster too.
I invoke reprepro from a C++ program to generate a local mirror of all
the packages that a system contains, generated by dpkg-repack, if
anybody is interested.

Hugo

I am very interested. How can I get more information?

The process is basically 2 steps: (a) generate debs for all the packages
on the system and (b) generate a local mirror of those.

1. Allocate a dir. e.g. /archive
2. In that dir. run:
set COLUMNS=200
dpkg -l &>11.packages
which will generate 11.packages containing all that is installed.
3. Run 'do_recreate_archives 11.packages' in that dir: it will generate
all the debs of the packages that are installed. Check the
output: if a 'package is broken' you have to substitute that deb!
4. Now follow http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/286 in
setting up a reprepro configuration file, e.g.:

Origin: Debian
Label: Local Repository
Suite: unstable
Codename: sid
Version: 3.1
Architectures: i386 source
Components: main contrib non-free

5. In the reprepro main dir. run 'do_reprepro_archives /archives/' and a
local mirror will be generated that contains all the packages that are
installed on the current system.

This uses 2 programs that I wrote in C++ using Qt:
'do_recreate_archives' and 'do_reprepro_archives'. They should be
compiled and placed where you can invoke them.

If you tell me where to send them I can send them. Obviously this can be
done also using any scripting language. I use Qt because I know it and
have it installed.

Hugo