Old 06-21-2012, 06:03 AM
Csanyi Pal

Default Debian wheezy/sid: xserver-xorg-video-nvidia / X and VT switch buggy

Hi,

I have installed on my Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid system the
xserver-xorg-video-nvidia package.

These are the installed nvidia packages:

$ aptitude search nvidia | grep ^i
i A glx-alternative-nvidia
i A libgl1-nvidia-alternatives
i A libgl1-nvidia-alternatives-ia32
i A libgl1-nvidia-glx
i libgl1-nvidia-glx-ia32
i A libglx-nvidia-alternatives
i A nvidia-alternative
i A nvidia-glx
i nvidia-installer-cleanup
i A nvidia-kernel-common
i A nvidia-kernel-dkms
i nvidia-kernel-source
i nvidia-settings
i A nvidia-support
i A nvidia-vdpau-driver
i xserver-xorg-video-nvidia

It happen oft that when I switch from X Window to Virtual Terminal with
say Ctrl+Alt+F1 key combination, I get not the VT but a blank screen.

Here I can blindly run commands, but I can't see anything here.

Can I somehow help in debugging this problem?
Where can I search for help in this?

--
Regards from Pal