Old 06-20-2012, 10:58 PM
hvw59601

Default accented characters in text console

Hi,

I want to enter accented characters in a text console (not in X!). I
used to do it because I have the files that show them, but I have no
idea how I did that.

The keyboard is a US keyboard.

At the moment /etc/default/keyboard shows:

XKBMODEL="pc105"
XKBLAYOUT="us"
XKBVARIANT="intl"
#XKBVARIANT=""
XKBOPTIONS="lv3:ralt_switch,compose:rctrl,terminat e:ctrl_alt_bksp"

BACKSPACE="guess"

Hitting the ' key just produces the ' character.

Compose key + ' produces a beep.

Cntrl + . then ' and any other character produces a .

/etc/locale.gen is set to en_US.ISO-8859-15 ISO-8859-15.

Hugo