Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Jude DaShiell

Default conflicting packages

It appears emacs 21 and dictionaries-common have a fight going on and dpkg
is caught in the middle. This is the second time I ran into their
squabble. Does anyone know what the back story is and if there's likely
to be a treaty signed in the near future?

Old 04-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Sven Joachim

On 2008-04-10 13:27 +0200, Jude DaShiell wrote:

> It appears emacs 21 and dictionaries-common have a fight going on and
> dpkg is caught in the middle.

Could you please elaborate what the problem is? I.e., post the error
messages here.

> This is the second time I ran into
> their squabble.

What squabble, and with which versions of these packages?

> Does anyone know what the back story is and if
> there's likely to be a treaty signed in the near future?

I don't know the "story" nor what your problem is; emacs21 and
dictionaries-common have always been co-existing perfectly well for me.

Sven