Old 06-19-2012, 11:11 AM

Default Configuration Design for Installation, Maintenance and Upgrades

*Chris,
*
I wish I knew all the configuration topics.* But just to assure that I can get a stable, usable system up and running, please see the list below.* One important aspect is that I do not know everything that can be configured; while reading posts I keep seeing things I have never heard of.* But just to get started, here are some exclusive of packages which I would like to cast into this later:
*
Configuring the System for Another Language
Configuring the Network
Setting the Hostname and Configuring the Name Service
User and Group Databases
Creating Accounts
Shell Environment
Printer Configuration