Old 06-19-2012, 05:43 AM
Jim Pazarena

Default journaling on EXT3

I have an EXT3 which is not journaled.
I would like to enable it.

So I can modify the entry in fstab to read "data=journal",
but I am unsure what command is required on the live system
to 'convert' the EXT3 to journaling.

Suggestions would be appreciated.
--
Jim Pazarena debian@paz.bz

Archive: 4FE01182.40307@paz.bz">http://lists.debian.org/4FE01182.40307@paz.bz

Old 06-19-2012, 06:42 AM
Gilles Mocellin

Le 19/06/2012 07:43, Jim Pazarena a écrit :

I have an EXT3 which is not journaled.
I would like to enable it.

So I can modify the entry in fstab to read "data=journal",
but I am unsure what command is required on the live system
to 'convert' the EXT3 to journaling.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello,

It seems to be "tune2fs -j your-device".
See man tune2fs.

Archive: 4FE01F6A.9030508@nuagelibre.org">http://lists.debian.org/4FE01F6A.9030508@nuagelibre.org

Old 06-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Alberto Fuentes