Old 06-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Paul Saunders

Default Installing squeeze in Virtual box

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 11:48:49 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 06:01:14 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:
>
> > Any blog or tutorial for installing squeeze in virtual box of
> > windows?
>
> For something special? I mean, it works as usual :-?
>
> > How to make virtual partitions for root and swap in virtual box?
>
> What do you mean by "virtual partitions"? You partition the virtual
> disk in the same way you'd do for a hardware based install.
>
> Greetings,

Agreed. I've installed Debian in Virtualbox plenty of times.

1. Download and install VirtualBox
2. Download a Debian Installation CD
3. Create a new VM, and follow the wizard (defaults are generally
fine).
4. At first boot, VirtualBox asks for path to the installation CD.
5. Follow Installer.

--
Paul Saunders

Old 06-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Patrick Bartek

> Any blog or tutorial for installing squeeze in virtual box of windows?* How to make virtual partitions for root and swap in virtual box?

Install Squeeze like any other OS. *Start with the User Manual. *Should answer all your questions. *It did for me.

**https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/End-user_documentation

Old 06-18-2012, 12:21 AM
L V Gandhi

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Patrick Bartek <bartek047@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Any blog or tutorial for installing squeeze in virtual box of windows?* How to make virtual partitions for root and swap in virtual box?

Install Squeeze like any other OS. *Start with the User Manual. *Should answer all your questions. *It did for me.

**https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/End-user_documentation

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/1339952911.22747.YahooMailNeo@web160305.mail.bf1.y ahoo.com

Thanks Paul and Patrick. I have already installed squeeze as guest in windows XP host. Some teathing* problems. KDM does not start. It gives some error msg. However after login in console, startx works.

--
L V Gandhi

Old 06-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Istimsak

Vbox will also walk you the steps to create both partitions.