Old 07-31-2012, 11:38 PM
istimsak abdulbasir

Default Computer case

Can you give us the specs of your harddrives?

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 4:13 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

On Tue, 2012-06-05 at 20:12 -0400, Doug wrote:

> It occurs to me that you may be asking the wrong question. The noise

> from a computer comes almost entirely from fans. One fan is in the

> power supply, a fairly stoochy fan is on the CPU, and there may or may not

> be a fan at the front of the case. You can select the CPU fan, and you can

> select a power supply, and the remaining fan (if any) in the case, you

> could replace with a quieter one if you need to.

I'm already using a computer with a large fan for the PSU and there only

is a second fan for the CPU. The annoying noise I get is from the HDDs

and the case's sidewalls.

- Ralf

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/1339056824.3331.7.camel@precise

Old 08-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Victor Padro

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 6:38 PM, istimsak abdulbasir
<saqman2060@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you give us the specs of your harddrives?
>

> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 4:13 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2012-06-05 at 20:12 -0400, Doug wrote:
>> > It occurs to me that you may be asking the wrong question. The noise
>> > from a computer comes almost entirely from fans. One fan is in the
>> > power supply, a fairly stoochy fan is on the CPU, and there may or may
>> > not
>> > be a fan at the front of the case. You can select the CPU fan, and you
>> > can
>> > select a power supply, and the remaining fan (if any) in the case, you
>> > could replace with a quieter one if you need to.
>>
>> I'm already using a computer with a large fan for the PSU and there only
>> is a second fan for the CPU. The annoying noise I get is from the HDDs
>> and the case's sidewalls.
>>
>> - Ralf
>>

>> --

It has passed a month without any replies, my guess the OT has already
made a choice but for future references NXZT H2, Fractal Design Define
and Corsair Obsidian 550D are very silent cases.

--
"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an
understanding of ourselves"