Old 05-27-2012, 02:05 PM
David Burgess

Default wheezy armel hostapd

I cannot find hostapd in armel wheezy.
Is this a planned event?

Archive: 4FC2348D.9000901@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4FC2348D.9000901@gmail.com

Old 05-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 28 May 2012 00:05:01 +1000, David Burgess wrote:

> I cannot find hostapd in armel wheezy. Is this a planned event?

It was removed from unstable (and wheezy) because of this:

But maybe there's still something at the snapshot archive:

http://snapshot.debian.org/binary/hostapd/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 05-28-2012, 01:11 AM
David Burgess

But it is there for armhf and i386, I do not understand. wpa packages
are not there for either hostapd or wpa in armel.
If I could find the .config used for the build for armel, I would be
able to build from source, but it is unclear (to me) which config is
used to build hostapd.

Archive: 4FC2D0DE.40505@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4FC2D0DE.40505@gmail.com

Old 05-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Andrei POPESCU

On Lu, 28 mai 12, 11:11:58, David Burgess wrote:
> But it is there for armhf and i386, I do not understand. wpa
> packages are not there for either hostapd or wpa in armel.
> If I could find the .config used for the build for armel, I would be
> able to build from source, but it is unclear (to me) which config is
> used to build hostapd.

Maybe you should ask on debian-arm?
https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 05-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 28 May 2012 11:11:58 +1000, David Burgess wrote:

(kindly reply at the bottom)

>>> I cannot find hostapd in armel wheezy. Is this a planned event?
>>
>> It was removed from unstable (and wheezy) because of this:

>> But maybe there's still something at the snapshot archive:
>>
>> http://snapshot.debian.org/binary/hostapd/
>>
> But it is there for armhf and i386, I do not understand.

The bug explains it... well, somehow (devels parlance can be hard to
understand :-P). There seems to be a packaging change that results in the
impossibility of compiling a package needed for the new hostapd (wpa).

> wpa packages are not there for either hostapd or wpa in armel. If I
> could find the .config used for the build for armel, I would be able to
> build from source, but it is unclear (to me) which config is used to
> build hostapd.

It should be a matter of time it gets built again but if you can't wait
you can look at one of the ".config" files that were used for the latest
armel builds which has to be available at the "source" snapshot
repository.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón