-   -   Problems with flashplayer on a new installation of Squeeze. (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/671353-problems-flashplayer-new-installation-squeeze.html)

Lisi 05-26-2012 04:04 PM

Problems with flashplayer on a new installation of Squeeze.

Is there a solution to the following problem? (See below) I see that the bug
was reported two years ago, so I am tempted to go for purge, but that may
leave some detritus. :-(

And if I were to purge flashplugin-nonfree, what could I install that would
actually work to play flash?

Would I do better to scrap, what is a very new installation of Squeeze - this
was part of the installation process - and reinstall?

Thanks,
Lisi

root@Squeeze:/home/john# aptitude install flashplugin-nonfree
flashplugin-nonfree
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 8 not upgraded.
Need to get 17.9 kB of archives. After unpacking 135 kB will be used.
Get:1 http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/debian/ squeeze/contrib
flashplugin-nonfree amd64 1:2.8.2 [17.9 kB]
Fetched 17.9 kB in 0s (50.4 kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package flashplugin-nonfree.
(Reading database ... 136074 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking flashplugin-nonfree (from
.../flashplugin-nonfree_1%3a2.8.2_amd64.deb) ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Setting up flashplugin-nonfree (1:2.8.2) ...
ERROR: wget failed to download
http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/fp10.sha512.amd64.pgp.asc

hvw59601 05-26-2012 08:02 PM

Lisi wrote:
Is there a solution to the following problem? (See below) I see that the bug
was reported two years ago, so I am tempted to go for purge, but that may
leave some detritus. :-(

And if I were to purge flashplugin-nonfree, what could I install that would
actually work to play flash?

Would I do better to scrap, what is a very new installation of Squeeze - this
was part of the installation process - and reinstall?

<snip>

I get the same thing, but flashplugin-nonfree installs. So I then run
'update-flashplugin-nonfree --install' and it installs the latest version.

Hugo

Archive: jprcs7$jp8$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/jprcs7$jp8$1@dough.gmane.org

Lisi 05-26-2012 08:40 PM

On Saturday 26 May 2012 21:02:21 hvw59601 wrote:
> Lisi wrote:
> > Is there a solution to the following problem? (See below) I see that the
> > bug was reported two years ago, so I am tempted to go for purge, but that
> > may leave some detritus. :-(
> >
> > And if I were to purge flashplugin-nonfree, what could I install that
> > would actually work to play flash?
> >
> > Would I do better to scrap, what is a very new installation of Squeeze -
> > this was part of the installation process - and reinstall?
>
> <snip>
>
> I get the same thing, but flashplugin-nonfree installs. So I then run
> 'update-flashplugin-nonfree --install' and it installs the latest version.

Thanks!!

Lisi