Old 05-23-2012, 02:05 PM
"John W. Foster"

Default Chromium add-ons & extensions

Just a quick check from the group...Is it true that Google is the only
place to get add-ons & extensions for Linux Chromium. I have found no
references to other sites, just Google. Seems odd to me that there is no
Debian repository for these, perhaps that have no Google tools built
into them. Or is Linux Chromium just a sterilized version of Google
Chrome rather than Chrome being and "enhanced" version of Chromium. Just
wondering & NOT being critical.
Thanks
frosty

Old 05-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 23 May 2012 09:05:26 -0500, John W. Foster wrote:

> Just a quick check from the group...Is it true that Google is the only
> place to get add-ons & extensions for Linux Chromium.

Well, being a perpetual beta (development) piece of code I see no point
for having a specific place where to get add-ons or extensions, neither
from Debian nor even from Google... they'd break alsmot every day. As I
see it, plugins and add-ons are focused for the stable version (Chrome).

> I have found no references to other sites, just Google.

Something similar happens with Firefox and other Mozilla programs: you
can get the add-ons and extensions directly from the official site.

> Seems odd to me that there is no Debian repository for these, perhaps
> that have no Google tools built into them. Or is Linux Chromium just a
> sterilized version of Google Chrome rather than Chrome being and
> "enhanced" version of Chromium. Just wondering & NOT being critical.

Not linux Chromium but the Chromium project itself, I think it's targeted
to developers more than end users.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón