Old 04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
"k bah"

Default Edit /etc/mod*? to order soundcards (dsp0,dsp1...)

Debian Etch running 2.6.18-4-486

I have a via onboard soundcard (snd_via82xx) and sometimes I plug my usb phone (snd_usb_audio). I use alsa, mostly under KDE. The thing is sometimes I forget to unplug the usb device, and when the pc reboots, the usb soundcard is detected first, and all apps (KDE apps, xmms, mozilla) see it as the first/default soundcard.
In which files under /etc/mod* should I put something like this:

"alias snd-card-0 snd_via82xx"

?

Please tell the file and the correct line to add.

thanks

=

--
Powered by Outblaze

Old 04-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Robin

**I have a via onboard soundcard (snd_via82xx) and sometimes I plug my usb phone (snd_usb_audio). I use alsa, mostly under KDE. The thing is sometimes I forget to unplug the usb device, and when the pc reboots, the usb soundcard is detected first, and all apps (KDE apps, xmms, mozilla) see it as the first/default soundcard.

**In which files under /etc/mod* should I put something like this:

**"alias snd-card-0 snd_via82xx"

**?

**Please tell the file and the correct line to add.

**thanks

=

--
Powered by Outblaze

File:

/etc/modprobe.d/sound

mIne as example:

alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712
options snd-ice1712 index=0

--
rob

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=82BS4ZCMFR1

Old 04-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

k bah wrote:

Debian Etch running 2.6.18-4-486

I have a via onboard soundcard (snd_via82xx) and sometimes I plug my usb phone (snd_usb_audio). I use alsa, mostly under KDE. The thing is sometimes I forget to unplug the usb device, and when the pc reboots, the usb soundcard is detected first, and all apps (KDE apps, xmms, mozilla) see it as the first/default soundcard.
In which files under /etc/mod* should I put something like this:

"alias snd-card-0 snd_via82xx"

?

Please tell the file and the correct line to add.

E.g. my /etc/modprobe.d/sound:

alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
options snd-via82xx index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd_ca0106