Old 05-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Bastien Rocheron

Default sshfs via autofs permissions problem

Hi, I'm using 2 Debian Squeeze as web server. On server1 I have a folder of user uploaded data (a Django user media folder to be exact) where everything belongs to www-data and this user can read write. Now on server2 which is a clone that is used over load balancing I am trying to set up sshfs via autofs. Right now it seems to be working but actually I must have done something wrong because if I login with www-data on server2 and go to the user media directory which is owned by www-data I get a permission denied when I try to write.

This is my /etc/auto.master:

/home/server2/user_media /etc/auto.sshfs --timeout=30,--ghost
+auto.master

and this is my /etc/auto.sshfs:
mountpoint** -fstype=fuse,rw,nodev,nonempty,allow_other,reconnec t,uid=33,gid=33,max_read=65536,compression=yes,aut o_cache,no_check_root,kernel_cache :sshfs#server1@server1:/home/server1/user_media

33 is www-data uig and gid on both servers. I have tried various options like putting uid and gid in the auto.master or using idmap=user in the auto.sshfs but I have never been able to write with the www-data user on server2 in the shared folder.

Could anybody please shed some light?