Old 05-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Jasper Noe

Default Why does Audacity show me internal mics: "Internal Mic: 0" and"Internal Mic: 1"?

Hi,

Realtek ACL268

I want to know why I have got two internal mics? As far as I know, my laptop has got only one internal mic.

goto:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=27&Level=5&Conn=4& ProdID=140

At the bottom of that page is a link to a datasheet where you can find a
diagram of the chip. It has indeed two channels for microphones.

What a laptop manufacturer does with those two inputs is an open question.

hth, --Jasper.