Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 AM
lina

Default Find the broken link

Hi,

I don't know how to find out all the broken links in the system.

I can't enter into interface,

One reason is my /var has no space, I have deleted some cache to release the space.

I tried purge fglrx driver. It complains:

Update-alternatives: warning: forcing reinstallation of alternative /usr/lib/fglrx because link group glx is broken.

Thanks with best regards,

Lina

Old 05-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 07 May 2012 13:34:25 +0800, lina wrote:

> I don't know how to find out all the broken links in the system.

What do you mean by "broken links"?

> I can't enter into interface,

Enter into what? You mean you can't login?

> One reason is my /var has no space, I have deleted some cache to release
> the space.

Put here the output of "df -h".

> I tried purge fglrx driver.

Are you sure you want that?

What's the command did you use (apt-get, aptitude...)?

> It complains:
>
> Update-alternatives: warning: forcing reinstallation of alternative
> /usr/lib/fglrx because link group glx is broken.

Ah! Here is the "link" thingy :-)

Despite the warning, is the package removed? What's the full output you
get? Accustom yourself to add the exact command you run and the full
output you get as it helps others (who are not in front of your screen)
to have a better understanding of the problem.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón