Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian User (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/)
-   -   backported libreoffice minus its autospellcheck (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/663754-backported-libreoffice-minus-its-autospellcheck.html)

Sharon Kimble 05-06-2012 09:43 PM

backported libreoffice minus its autospellcheck
 
Yesterday I installed the backported version of libreoffice which is
working reasonably well, except for writer not having the
autospellcheck enabled. Does anyone know of a workround for this that
will enable spellchecking to be done as i type please?

Thanks
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
efever = http://www.efever.blogspot.com/
efever = http://sharon04.livejournal.com/
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.4.6
Registered Linux user 334501


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAM9u--cpvpifX_Bz0kmz1HD5VKeRGqHQxx0Pi58CuC2seBsaEA@mail. gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CAM9u--cpvpifX_Bz0kmz1HD5VKeRGqHQxx0Pi58CuC2seBsaEA@mail. gmail.com

Clive Standbridge 05-07-2012 10:08 AM

backported libreoffice minus its autospellcheck
 
> Yesterday I installed the backported version of libreoffice which is
> working reasonably well, except for writer not having the
> autospellcheck enabled. Does anyone know of a workround for this that
> will enable spellchecking to be done as i type please?
>
> Thanks
> Sharon.

Hi Sharon,

I have that setup on one machine and the auto spell check is working.

First suggestion - do you have a myspell dictionary installed? Search
for package names beginning "myspell-" and install one or more of them.

Secondly (and please forgive me for mentioning this just in case you
have overlooked it), but is your auto spell check switched on? There's
a toolbar button or you can set it under Tools -> Options -> Language
Settings -> Writing Aids -> Options -> Check spelling as you type.

I hope this helps.

--
Cheers,
Clive


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120507100849.GA3154@lister.localdomain">http://lists.debian.org/20120507100849.GA3154@lister.localdomain

Clive Standbridge 05-07-2012 10:20 AM

backported libreoffice minus its autospellcheck
 
On Mon 7 May 2012 11:08:53 +0100(+0100), Clive Standbridge wrote:
[...]
>
> First suggestion - do you have a myspell dictionary installed? Search
> for package names beginning "myspell-" and install one or more of them.

Oh and you'll need to restart LibreOffice after installing a myspell-*
package.


--
Cheers,
Clive


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120507102017.GA1715@lister.localdomain">http://lists.debian.org/20120507102017.GA1715@lister.localdomain

Sharon Kimble 05-09-2012 12:48 AM

backported libreoffice minus its autospellcheck
 
Yes I do have myspell installed ;- ....... locate myspell
/usr/lib/enchant/libenchant_myspell.so
/usr/share/myspell
/usr/share/myspell/dicts
/usr/share/myspell/infos
/usr/share/myspell/dicts/DicOOo.sxw
/usr/share/myspell/dicts/en-US.aff
/usr/share/myspell/dicts/en-US.dic
/usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.aff
/usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.dic
/usr/share/myspell/infos/ooo
/usr/share/myspell/infos/ooo/hunspell-en-us
/var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-gb.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-gb.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-us.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-us.postrm

>From which can be see that I have an english -GB list but no
dictionary, and searching the web I cant find a specific Gb
dictionary, do you know of one please?

Yes the autocheck button is ticked, but its still only working
intermittently, not all the time unfortunately.

Thanks
Sharon.


On 07/05/2012, Clive Standbridge <clive@bestbadger.org.uk> wrote:
> On Mon 7 May 2012 11:08:53 +0100(+0100), Clive Standbridge wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> First suggestion - do you have a myspell dictionary installed? Search
>> for package names beginning "myspell-" and install one or more of them.
>
> Oh and you'll need to restart LibreOffice after installing a myspell-*
> package.
>
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Clive
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
> listmaster@lists.debian.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120507102017.GA1715@lister.localdomain
>
>


--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
efever = http://www.efever.blogspot.com/
efever = http://sharon04.livejournal.com/
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.4.6
Registered Linux user 334501


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAM9u--dnENqFriqu4dxoYViKQecVJv1Cru1+BKmAMJHOCN80Lw@mail. gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CAM9u--dnENqFriqu4dxoYViKQecVJv1Cru1+BKmAMJHOCN80Lw@mail. gmail.com

Clive Standbridge 05-09-2012 09:24 AM

backported libreoffice minus its autospellcheck
 
> Yes I do have myspell installed ;- ....... locate myspell
> /usr/lib/enchant/libenchant_myspell.so
> /usr/share/myspell
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts
> /usr/share/myspell/infos
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/DicOOo.sxw
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en-US.aff
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en-US.dic
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.aff
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.dic
> /usr/share/myspell/infos/ooo
> /usr/share/myspell/infos/ooo/hunspell-en-us
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-gb.list
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-gb.postrm
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-us.list
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-us.postrm
>
> >From which can be see that I have an english -GB list but no
> dictionary, and searching the web I cant find a specific Gb
> dictionary, do you know of one please?

Apparently the .list and .postrm files in /var/lib/dpkg/info can be
left behind by packages which have been removed - I have examples of
that for other packages.

Looking at your list of files and the links below (and assuming that
your locate database is up to date), I suspect that you may have
installed myspell-en-gb and myspell-en-us and subsequently removed
them, and now have hunspell-en-us installed.
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/myspell-en-gb/filelist
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/myspell-en-us/filelist
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/hunspell-en-us/filelist

Perhaps you could check that by running

dpkg -l hunspell-en-us myspell-en-gb myspell-en-us


> Yes the autocheck button is ticked, but its still only working
> intermittently, not all the time unfortunately.

Unfortunately nothing above explains intermittent working. If you can
identify a repeatable pattern of behaviour then you could report a bug.


--
Cheers,
Clive


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120509092411.GA6534@lister.localdomain">http://lists.debian.org/20120509092411.GA6534@lister.localdomain

Sharon Kimble 05-09-2012 08:40 PM

backported libreoffice minus its autospellcheck
 
On 09/05/2012, Clive Standbridge <list-user@tgstandbridges.plus.com> wrote:
>> Yes I do have myspell installed ;- ....... locate myspell
>> /usr/lib/enchant/libenchant_myspell.so
>> /usr/share/myspell
>> /usr/share/myspell/dicts
>> /usr/share/myspell/infos
>> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/DicOOo.sxw
>> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en-US.aff
>> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en-US.dic
>> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.aff
>> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.dic
>> /usr/share/myspell/infos/ooo
>> /usr/share/myspell/infos/ooo/hunspell-en-us
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-gb.list
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-gb.postrm
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-us.list
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-us.postrm
>>
>> >From which can be see that I have an english -GB list but no
>> dictionary, and searching the web I cant find a specific Gb
>> dictionary, do you know of one please?
>
> Apparently the .list and .postrm files in /var/lib/dpkg/info can be
> left behind by packages which have been removed - I have examples of
> that for other packages.
>
> Looking at your list of files and the links below (and assuming that
> your locate database is up to date), I suspect that you may have
> installed myspell-en-gb and myspell-en-us and subsequently removed
> them, and now have hunspell-en-us installed.
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/myspell-en-gb/filelist
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/myspell-en-us/filelist
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/hunspell-en-us/filelist

Forgive me for being thick but how do I get the gb dictionary please?
>
> Perhaps you could check that by running
>
> dpkg -l hunspell-en-us myspell-en-gb myspell-en-us

dpkg -l hunspell-en-us myspell-en-gb myspell-en-us
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Description
+++-==============-==============-============================================
ii hunspell-en-us 20070829-4 English_american dictionary for hunspell
rc myspell-en-gb 1:3.2.1-2 English_british dictionary for myspell
rc myspell-en-us 1:3.2.1-2 English_american dictionary for myspell

Thanks
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
efever = http://www.efever.blogspot.com/
efever = http://sharon04.livejournal.com/
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.4.6
Registered Linux user 334501


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAM9u--dGbM4zLSiwzmoN21Z7+nN9LJq-P86am5u3SLLjhVaR7w@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CAM9u--dGbM4zLSiwzmoN21Z7+nN9LJq-P86am5u3SLLjhVaR7w@mail.gmail.com

Clive Standbridge 05-09-2012 11:47 PM

backported libreoffice minus its autospellcheck
 
> Forgive me for being thick but how do I get the gb dictionary please?

No problem, you need to install the myspell-en-gb package.
Then you need to restart LibreOffice before you can use it in the
auto-spellcheck.

--
Cheers,
Clive


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120509234741.GA5046@lister.localdomain">http://lists.debian.org/20120509234741.GA5046@lister.localdomain

Sharon Kimble 05-10-2012 01:44 AM

backported libreoffice minus its autospellcheck
 
On 10/05/2012, Clive Standbridge <list-user@tgstandbridges.plus.com> wrote:
>> Forgive me for being thick but how do I get the gb dictionary please?
>
> No problem, you need to install the myspell-en-gb package.
> Then you need to restart LibreOffice before you can use it in the
> auto-spellcheck.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Clive
>
Thanks for this Clive, I'd just installed the myspell-en-gb deb before
reading this email, but I hadn't got round to restarting libreoffice.
But now I have and the autospellcheck is working well.

Many thanks
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
efever = http://www.efever.blogspot.com/
efever = http://sharon04.livejournal.com/
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.4.6
Registered Linux user 334501


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAM9u--f-M8Z1e7BMurY=mvQcrxt4AUEq4jgfq8pbSV2iZV8z3A@mail.gm ail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CAM9u--f-M8Z1e7BMurY=mvQcrxt4AUEq4jgfq8pbSV2iZV8z3A@mail.gm ail.com


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:41 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.