Old 05-06-2012, 03:39 AM
Martin McCormick

Default non-free Squeeze and sources.list

After upgrading from lenny to squeeze, an edgport 8-port RS-232
to usb adaptor died. A helpful error message said the driver
for this device in squeeze was in the non-free software. No
problem except I may have the wrong line in
/etc/apt/sources.list which would be the preferred way to get
it. So far, the closest I have come is a zip file that may or
may not have the correct firmware driver in it and it looks like one must
put it on removeable media and address it from sources.list that
way.

The line I do have in sources.list is:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian squeeze contrib non-free

This does not seem to get it. Is there a line in sources.list to
get firmware drivers?

Thank you.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ

Old 05-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Thierry Chatelet

On Sunday 06 May 2012 05:39:24 Martin McCormick wrote:

> The line I do have in sources.list is:
>
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian squeeze contrib non-free

My idea:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze contrib non-free