Old 05-04-2012, 05:48 AM
Scott Ferguson

Default Swap space not used (now screen relics).

On 04/05/12 15:30, Bret Busby wrote:

<snipped>

> And, Iceweasel (and it may have happened with the iceape browser; I am
> not sure - have not used it for a couple of weeks, now, I think) has a
> habit of leaving fragments of dialogue boxes on top of everything else
> on the desktop, hiding parts of the screen with the dialogue box
> fragments, which only disappear when I kill or crash iceweasel. The only
> thing that displays on top of the dialogue box fragments, is when I
> invoke the screensaver, which overwrites evrything on the screen (at
> least, for the present time)
>
> I would include a screenshot showing this, but I do not know whether
> this mailing list allows attachments.

I've seen that happen before - I don't believe the problem lies with
Iceweasel though, more likely a video driver/window manager problem

<snipped>

If you gave us (in a fresh post) information about your video etc
someone might be able to help.

Kind regards.

answers to questions about Debian:-