FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Martin McCormick
 
Default Squeeze updates; One has a problem.

I've never seen this type of error which has suddenly popped up.

When I run aptitude update, it starts out normal enough
and then blows up. Here is the full output.

Hit http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release.gpg
Ign http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main Translation-en
Ign http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main Translation-en_US
Hit http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release
Get:1 http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile Release.gpg [7,229 B]
Get:2 http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/ squeeze/volatile/main Translation-en [7,229 B]
Get:3 http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/ squeeze/volatile/main Translation-en_US [7,229 B]
bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
Hit http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/main Sources
Ign http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/ squeeze/volatile/main Translation-en
bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
Ign http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/ squeeze/volatile/main Translation-en_US
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org squeeze Release.gpg
Ign http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main Translation-en
Ign http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main Translation-en_US
Hit http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/main i386 Packages
Ign http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/non-free Translation-en
Ign http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/non-free Translation-en_US
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org squeeze Release
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org squeeze/main i386 Packages
Get:4 http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile Release [7,229 B]
Ign http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile Release
Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org squeeze/non-free i386 Packages
Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org squeeze Release.gpg
Ign http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main Translation-en
Ign http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main Translation-en_US
Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org squeeze Release
Get:5 http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile/main Sources [7,229 B]
bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
Err http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile/main Sources
Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org squeeze/main Sources
Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org squeeze/main i386 Packages
Get:6 http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile/main i386 Packages [7,229 B]
bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
Err http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile/main i386 Packages
Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
Fetched 21.7 kB in 2s (7,335 B/s)
Reading package lists...
W: GPG error: http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201205032012.q43KCHvr006480@x.it.okstate.edu">http ://lists.debian.org/201205032012.q43KCHvr006480@x.it.okstate.edu
 
Old 05-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Andrei POPESCU
 
Default Squeeze updates; One has a problem.

On Jo, 03 mai 12, 15:12:17, Martin McCormick wrote:
> I've never seen this type of error which has suddenly popped up.
>
> When I run aptitude update, it starts out normal enough
> and then blows up. Here is the full output.

...
> Get:1 http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile Release.gpg [7,229 B]
> Get:2 http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/ squeeze/volatile/main Translation-en [7,229 B]
> Get:3 http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/ squeeze/volatile/main Translation-en_US [7,229 B]
> bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
...
> Ign http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/ squeeze/volatile/main Translation-en
> bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
> Ign http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/ squeeze/volatile/main Translation-en_US
...
> Get:5 http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile/main Sources [7,229 B]
> bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
> Err http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile/main Sources
> Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
...
> Get:6 http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile/main i386 Packages [7,229 B]
> bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
> Err http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile/main i386 Packages
> Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
...
> W: GPG error: http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2
...

Volatile does not exist anymore, it was replaced by squeeze-updates
http://www.debian.org/volatile/
http://lists.debian.org/debian-volatile-announce/2012/msg00000.html

Kind regards,
Andrei
--
Offtopic discussions among Debian users and developers:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/d-community-offtopic
 
Old 05-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Tony Baldwin
 
Default Squeeze updates; One has a problem.

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 03:12:17PM -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:
> I've never seen this type of error which has suddenly popped up.
>
> When I run aptitude update, it starts out normal enough
> and then blows up. Here is the full output.
>
> Err http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile/main Sources
> Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
> Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org squeeze/main Sources
> Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org squeeze/main i386 Packages
> Get:6 http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile/main i386 Packages [7,229 B]
> bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
> Err http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile/main i386 Packages
> Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
> Fetched 21.7 kB in 2s (7,335 B/s)
> Reading package lists...
> W: GPG error: http://volatile.debian.org squeeze/volatile Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2

Remove or comment out volatile in /etc/apt/sources.list
and run it again.

Tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me
all tony, all the time!
3F330C6E
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:56 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org