Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Chris Lumens

Default Modify keyboard command to handle multiple layouts

> > Please merge this with the other pykickstart patch, and then do a git
> > rebase --interactive HEAD~3 to reorder them and put the F18 patch first.
> > Picky, I know.
> How can I merge them and then reorder them (after they become only one)?
> Or should I merge the F18 stuff and leave changes to the keyboard
> command as a separate patch and then reorder them?

First, I guess I would reverse the order of the patches:

git rebase --interactive HEAD~2

Switch the order of the patches, and save. Now you've got the two part
patch last.

Then I'd unapply it:

git reset --soft HEAD~

Now you've got the parts staged, but unapplied. Use git commit
--interactive to unstage the one file, commit, use --interactive again
to stage and commit the other chunk.

Now you've got it broken out into three patches. Finally, use:

git rebase --interactive HEAD~3

and squash two of the patches together into one.

- Chris