Old 05-03-2012, 05:25 PM
"Edward C. Jones"

Default Where to store Icon for "xv"

I use up-to-date debian testing (wheezy), amd64 version, with kde.

I have just compiled and installed the old image viewer "xv". In stable
(squeeze), there is an icon for xv that can be put on the panel. For
testing (wheezy), the system could not find an xv icon, so I installed a
blank icon. But an icon appears to exist in
/usr/share/icons/mono/scalable/apps/xv.svgz.

The process for changing a application icon on the panel appears to be:
Right click on the old icon
Click Icon Settings
Click on the spot where the icon should be (upper left of Icon
Settings window)

Choose new icon.
Where do I put xv.svgz (or any icon I download) so this process can find it?

Archive: 4FA2BF96.2090701@comcast.net">http://lists.debian.org/4FA2BF96.2090701@comcast.net

Old 05-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Arnt Karlsen

On Thu, 03 May 2012 13:25:42 -0400, Edward wrote in message
<4FA2BF96.2090701@comcast.net>:

> I use up-to-date debian testing (wheezy), amd64 version, with kde.
>
> I have just compiled and installed the old image viewer "xv". In
> stable (squeeze), there is an icon for xv that can be put on the
> panel. For testing (wheezy), the system could not find an xv icon, so
> I installed a blank icon. But an icon appears to exist in
> /usr/share/icons/mono/scalable/apps/xv.svgz.

..really??? _The_ xv icon????? 8o) Please post the output
of "dpkg -S /usr/share/icons/mono/scalable/apps/xv.svgz".

> The process for changing a application icon on the panel appears to
> be: Right click on the old icon
> Click Icon Settings
> Click on the spot where the icon should be (upper left of Icon
> Settings window)
> Choose new icon.
> Where do I put xv.svgz (or any icon I download) so this process can
> find it?

..

Scenarios always come in sets of three: