Old 05-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Arnt Karlsen

Default Solved, was: Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid: aptitude ERROR

On Wed, 02 May 2012 13:00:34 +0200, Csanyi wrote in message
<87zk9qetkd.fsf@gmail.com>:

> Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Mi, 02 mai 12, 08:52:26, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>
> >> today I run aptitude update and get errors:
> >> http://paste.debian.net/166950/
> >
> > Pastebin for 3 lines?
> >
> >> After that I run aptitude safe-upgrade and again, I get errors:
> >> http://paste.debian.net/166951/
> >
> > I'd say this is your problem:
> >
> > Setting up fontconfig-config (2.9.0-2) ...
> > rmdir: failed to remove `/var/lib/defoma/fontconfig.d/': Directory
> > not empty dpkg: error processing fontconfig-config (--configure):
> >
> >> What can I do to solve these problems?

.._sometimes_, when "aptitude upgrade" etc fails, I succeed trying
"apt-get update &&apt-get upgrade", apt-get and aptitude solves these
things slightly differently, like "please" and "pretty please." ;o)

> > Delete or move (not copy) that directory somewhere else and then
> > retry.
>
> Thanks! That solve the problem.

..excellent, say so in the subject field too so other people
can find this solution, too. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: