Old 05-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Alberto Luaces

Default networking thru C language

abdelkader belahcene writes:

> Hi,
> I am new to *networking *via C language I want to implemente * a command of nmap
> this one ( or another , any one just to see how it works)
>
> nmap -O -v scanme.nmap.org

This is pretty complicated for a begginer in networking; however, I'd
suggest to compile nmap from source with debug information and run it
with a debugger in order to be able to see the sequence of library calls
and its parameters.

Another option which doesn't require recompiling is to trace nmap system
calls with "strace" command.

Alberto