Old 05-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Muhammad Yousuf Khan

Default command history via Web-console.

Hello everyone,

I am using few web front end tools in debian and other destros and for
learning purpose i would like to know the command history that has
been ran via Web console. does linux provide any option by which i can
check the history of commands.

Thanks,

MYK

Old 05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
"Christofer C. Bell"

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:21 AM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> I am using few web front end tools in debian and other destros and for
> learning purpose i would like to know the command history that has
> been ran via Web console. does linux provide any option by which i can
> check the history of commands.

The operating system is simply a framework on which applications run.
The operating system will not keep track of what your web
administration interface runs. That will be up to your administrative
interface and/or any utilities it's calling directly on the server.

For example, if your utility calls the dpkg command in the background,
that will be in /var/log/dpkg.log file. If it is doing things without
calling operating system utilities, then it will have to have its own
logs (probably, again, in /var/log). If it is not logging anything,
then there is no way to retrieve a history of what it's doing.

--
Chris

Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Muhammad Yousuf Khan