Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 AM
Csanyi Pal

Default Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid: aptitude ERROR

Hi,

today I run aptitude update and get errors:
http://paste.debian.net/166950/

After that I run aptitude safe-upgrade and again, I get errors:
http://paste.debian.net/166951/

What can I do to solve these problems?

--
Regards from Pal

Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Andrei POPESCU

On Mi, 02 mai 12, 08:52:26, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I run aptitude update and get errors:
> http://paste.debian.net/166950/

Pastebin for 3 lines?

> After that I run aptitude safe-upgrade and again, I get errors:
> http://paste.debian.net/166951/

I'd say this is your problem:

Setting up fontconfig-config (2.9.0-2) ...
rmdir: failed to remove `/var/lib/defoma/fontconfig.d/': Directory not empty
dpkg: error processing fontconfig-config (--configure):

> What can I do to solve these problems?

Delete or move (not copy) that directory somewhere else and then retry.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 05-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Darac Marjal

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 12:23:24PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Mi, 02 mai 12, 08:52:26, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> Setting up fontconfig-config (2.9.0-2) ...
> rmdir: failed to remove `/var/lib/defoma/fontconfig.d/': Directory not empty
> dpkg: error processing fontconfig-config (--configure):

This is bug #670982, for reference.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Csanyi Pal

Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mi, 02 mai 12, 08:52:26, Csanyi Pal wrote:

>> today I run aptitude update and get errors:
>> http://paste.debian.net/166950/
>
> Pastebin for 3 lines?
>
>> After that I run aptitude safe-upgrade and again, I get errors:
>> http://paste.debian.net/166951/
>
> I'd say this is your problem:
>
> Setting up fontconfig-config (2.9.0-2) ...
> rmdir: failed to remove `/var/lib/defoma/fontconfig.d/': Directory not empty
> dpkg: error processing fontconfig-config (--configure):
>
>> What can I do to solve these problems?
>
> Delete or move (not copy) that directory somewhere else and then retry.

Thanks! That solve the problem.

--
Regards from Pal

Old 05-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Javier Vasquez

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mi, 02 mai 12, 08:52:26, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>
>>> today I run aptitude update and get errors:
>>> http://paste.debian.net/166950/
>>
>> Pastebin for 3 lines?
>>
>>> After that I run aptitude safe-upgrade and again, I get errors:
>>> http://paste.debian.net/166951/
>>
>> I'd say this is your problem:
>>
>> Setting up fontconfig-config (2.9.0-2) ...
>> rmdir: failed to remove `/var/lib/defoma/fontconfig.d/': Directory not empty
>> dpkg: error processing fontconfig-config (--configure):
>>
>>> What can I do to solve these problems?
>>
>> Delete or move (not copy) that directory somewhere else and then retry.
>
> Thanks! That solve the problem.

BTW, as the defoma is getting removed, instead of manually moving its
directories and files, you could have:

aptitude purge defoma

And that would have paved the way as well, actually I did that
yesterday (sid) with no porblems, :-)

--
Javier.