Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 AM
"J. Bakshi"

Default file command failed to detect some mime types

Dear list,

I'm using "file -bi" command to check the mime types of files; specially for
.xls and .doc . It is running well on my local debian box. But the detection is
not working at all on a remote server having file-5.09; don't know the linux distro
on thar serever though. There the command returns just

` ` ` ` ` `
charset=binary

` ` ` ` `

missing the mime types. Could anyone suggest how to debug this issue ?

Thanks

Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 01 May 2012 15:47:27 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:

> I'm using "file -bi" command to check the mime types of files; specially
> for .xls and .doc . It is running well on my local debian box. But the
> detection is not working at all on a remote server having file-5.09;
> don't know the linux distro on thar serever though. There the command
> returns just
>
> ` ` ` ` ` `
> charset=binary
>
> ` ` ` ` `
>
> missing the mime types. Could anyone suggest how to debug this issue ?

A bug in that specific version?

http://bugs.gw.com/view.php?id=146

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 05-01-2012, 12:35 PM
"J. Bakshi"

On Tue, 1 May 2012 12:06:47 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 01 May 2012 15:47:27 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
>
> > I'm using "file -bi" command to check the mime types of files; specially
> > for .xls and .doc . It is running well on my local debian box. But the
> > detection is not working at all on a remote server having file-5.09;
> > don't know the linux distro on thar serever though. There the command
> > returns just

> > charset=binary
> >
> > ` ` ` ` `
> >
> > missing the mime types. Could anyone suggest how to debug this issue ?
>
> A bug in that specific version?
>
> http://bugs.gw.com/view.php?id=146
>
> Greetings,

Not confirmed, but thanks for the clue.