Old 04-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Wayne Topa

Default Network Manager forgets WPA2 password.

On 04/30/2012 07:11 PM, Christian wrote:

Hi,

When I log into Gnome-Shell my WPA2 password is remembered between
sessions in Network Manager. But when I log into my default desktop
(Pekwm/Tint2) which also uses Network Manager I have to enter the
password every time. What can I do to get Network Manager remember the
password outside of Gnome?

I'm running Debian Wheezy with Gnome 3.2

I do not use gnome. But this is the way I do it.

less /etc/network/interfaces

# Netgear wg111v2 rtl8187 module
#
# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug wlan1
iface wlan1 inet dhcp
modprobe rtl8187
wpa-ssid Verizon MiFi2200 C4B5 Secure
wpa-psk xxxxxxxxxxx

That is NOT the user password, it is the password to
connect to my Wireless provider.

Regards
Wayne

Archive: 4F9F20B0.2030708@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F9F20B0.2030708@gmail.com