Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 AM
Sharon Kimble

Default genisoimage and truncating of file names

I am creating an iso with genisoimage prepatory to burning it to dvd
for backing up of my music collection, and on checking the resulting
disc I'm finding that the mp3 name is truncated to the first word of
its title. I feel that this is happening with genisoimage and would
obvioulsy like to have the full mp3 title.

The command to genisoimage is ......... genisoimage -o
~/irishceltic.iso /home/boztu/Music/Irish Celtic Music Collection
Version 2/ .......... which creates the file irishceltic.iso .

I cant see anything in man genisoimage or its help file of any use for
this problem, and would welcome any help that people can give.

Thanks
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.5.1

Old 04-30-2012, 05:34 AM
Chris Bannister

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 02:47:11AM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> I am creating an iso with genisoimage prepatory to burning it to dvd
> for backing up of my music collection, and on checking the resulting
> disc I'm finding that the mp3 name is truncated to the first word of
> its title. I feel that this is happening with genisoimage and would
> obvioulsy like to have the full mp3 title.

It probably doesn't like spaces in filenames.
I'd convert all the files to names without spaces.
I'd also remove any single or double quotes in them.

I, myself, would be interested in a better way of doing this.

-- Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 04-30-2012, 06:24 AM
Kushal Kumaran

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Sharon Kimble <skimble04@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am creating an iso with genisoimage prepatory to burning it to dvd
> for backing up of my music collection, and on checking the resulting
> disc I'm finding that the mp3 name is truncated to the first word of
> its title. I feel that this is happening with genisoimage and would
> obvioulsy like to have the full mp3 title.
>
> The command to genisoimage is ......... genisoimage -o
> ~/irishceltic.iso /home/boztu/Music/Irish Celtic Music Collection
> Version 2/ .......... which creates the file irishceltic.iso .
>
> I cant see anything in man genisoimage or its help file of any use for
> this problem, and would welcome any help that people can give.

Does enabling Rock Ridge extensions help? Use the -r or -R option to
genisoimage.

--
regards,
kushal