Old 04-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Mario --

Default openntpd not in stable

Hi, I know openntpd is in backports, but I'm curious, why was it removed from stable?
Thanks, bye.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Camaleón

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 20:06:02 -0400, Mario -- wrote:

> Hi, I know openntpd is in backports, but I'm curious, why was it removed
> from stable? Thanks, bye.

when you are curious about the status of a package, you go to:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openntpd.html

In the news sections you'll find some "remove" items.

My guess is that as Squeeze was relased in 2011/02/06 and that package
was removed before (not present in testing after Squeeze release and thus
not available at the "freezing" time) it was not possible to include it
in Squeeze.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 04-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Thomas Hochstein

Mario -- schrieb:

> Hi, I know openntpd is in backports, but I'm curious, why was it
> removed from stable?

AFAIS first because it segfaults on kfreebsd-i386 [1] and then because
it works in a slightly confusing way [2]. That seems to be fixed now.

AFAIS it is part of Wheezy again.

You can check that yourself from
<http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openntpd.html>, which contains a
removal message at 2010-08-18, linking to
<http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openntpd/news/20100818T163913Z.html>,
which refers to jcristau's hint file at
<http://release.debian.org/britney/hints/jcristau>, which refers to
#593429