Old 04-28-2012, 11:19 PM
David Christensen

Default Wheezy xcp-xapi /usr/share/doc/xcp-xapi/README.Debian xe Error: Connection refused (calling connect )

debian-user:

I'm attempting to follow along with the xcp-xapi README.Debian on
Wheezy. When I attempt to create a storage group, the "xe" command-line
interface generates an error:

# xe sr-create type=ext name-label=node0sr0
device-config:device=/dev/mapper/vg_xcp-lv_xcp

Error: Connection refused (calling connect )

If I try to get help with "xe", I get the same error:

# xe help
Error: Connection refused (calling connect )

Any suggestions?

TIA,

David

p.s. Is there a better mailing list to get support for xcp-xapi?

Archive: 4F9C7B02.2020506@holgerdanske.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F9C7B02.2020506@holgerdanske.com

Old 04-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:19:30 -0700, David Christensen wrote:

> debian-user:
>
> I'm attempting to follow along with the xcp-xapi README.Debian on
> Wheezy. When I attempt to create a storage group, the "xe" command-line
> interface generates an error:
>
> # xe sr-create type=ext name-label=node0sr0 device-config:device=/dev/mapper/vg_xcp-lv_xcp
> Error: Connection refused (calling connect )
>

> If I try to get help with "xe", I get the same error:
>
> # xe help
> Error: Connection refused (calling connect )

Shouldn't that command be "xe -help" or "xe --help"? :-?

> Any suggestions?

I've never used that package but I would ensure to carefully follow the
steps given at the file you mentioned (READMEebian), it seems to be
somehow complicated so maybe you just missed or overlooked something
(the above error message seems pointing to a problem coming from the
network interface settings).

> p.s. Is there a better mailing list to get support for xcp-xapi?

As suggested by the other README file, you can try to reach the devels
at IRC in #xen-api channel.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
David Christensen

Shouldn't that command be "xe -help" or "xe --help"? :-?

That's what I thought on the first try. 'man xe' indicates help is a
command, not an option.

I've never used that package but I would ensure to carefully follow the
steps given at the file you mentioned (READMEebian), it seems to be
somehow complicated so maybe you just missed or overlooked something
(the above error message seems pointing to a problem coming from the
network interface settings).
As suggested by the other README file, you can try to reach the devels
at IRC in #xen-api channel.

Yes, this stuff is new/ tricky. I've moved the thread to the Xen-API
mailing list, and it looks like we're on the right track:

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-api/2012-04/msg00046.html

David