Old 04-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Nick Meyers

Default Install a package from testing?

Good evening all,

Got a hopefully easy question.

I currently have a dual boot system with Debian (Squeeze) and windows. The only reason I've booted into windows for several months now has been to access MySQL Workbench when I'm not at work. I noticed that MySQL Workbench is available as a package in Wheezy, so I thought I would look into the possibility of installing it from there. I've looked through several of the documents available, but I'm still not clear on how this could be accomplished without doing an upgrade. I updated sources.list and did an update, but when I select the package for install I am prompted to remove several other packages.

How hard would it be to install just that package from the testing suite, and if it is not too much trouble, would someone be willing to direct me?

Thanks,
Nick