Old 04-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Joost Kraaijeveld

Default Which application is responsible for password questions (Gnome Wheezy AMD64)?

Hi,

Suddenly I am asked for all kind of passwords. e.g. when using firefox,
chromium, empathy. This did not happen ~ 4 weeks ago. I guess that some
update changed something in my system that I was not aware of.

What is the application that is responsible for handling the automatic
response for these requests? Seahorse? Or some other mechanisme?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
web: www.askesis.nl

Old 04-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Mika Suomalainen

Hi,

On 28.04.2012 16:55, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Suddenly I am asked for all kind of passwords. e.g. when using firefox,
> chromium, empathy. This did not happen ~ 4 weeks ago. I guess that some
> update changed something in my system that I was not aware of.
>
> What is the application that is responsible for handling the automatic
> response for these requests? Seahorse? Or some other mechanisme?
>
> TIA

aptitude search askpass|less
might help.

--
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728

Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Joost Kraaijeveld

On Sat, 2012-04-28 at 17:18 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
> askpass
If ssh-askpass-gnome is related to this: that is installed.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
web: www.askesis.nl

Old 04-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:55:00 +0200, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

> Suddenly I am asked for all kind of passwords. e.g. when using firefox,
> chromium, empathy. This did not happen ~ 4 weeks ago. I guess that some
> update changed something in my system that I was not aware of.

I only get passwords prompts from N-M (wifi) but nothing more :-?

When are those password being showed? When doing what, exactly?

> What is the application that is responsible for handling the automatic
> response for these requests? Seahorse? Or some other mechanisme?

Yes, "seahore" (seahorse-daemon) is now in charge of handling the
password keyring... hum, wait... Maybe is that you're hitting a situation
like this:

Greetings,

--
Camaleón