Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 AM
hamed hosseini

Default install iwlwifi driver in debian 6

hi
i want install iwlwifi driver in debian 6.0.4, what i am must to do?

i have

PCI: 8086:0085 Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205

but Squeeze dont support this pci and i want install this driver from here

http://intellinuxwireless.org/?n=Downloads

6005 Images – for Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205

iwlwifi-6000g2a-ucode-17.168.5.3.tgz

how can install this driver is debian 6?

note : debian Wheezy support this pci

http://wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi

Old 04-28-2012, 09:23 AM
keith

<http://intellinuxwireless.org/iwlwifi/downloads/iwlwifi-6000g2a-ucode-17.168.5.3.tgz>

how can install this driver is debian 6?

note : debian Wheezy support this pci

http://wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi

Basically, download the driver, & as root user, copy it to /lib/firmware/.

You will then need to restart your computer; it should then show up &
allow you to configure your wifi card.

--
Sent from Free Open Source Software
Debian GNU/Linux

Archive: 4F9BB6F5.3020402@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F9BB6F5.3020402@gmail.com

Old 04-28-2012, 09:28 AM
keith

hamed hosseini wrote:

hi
i want install iwlwifi driver in debian 6.0.4, what i am must to do?

i have
PCI: 8086:0085 Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205

but Squeeze dont support this pci and i want install this driver from here

http://intellinuxwireless.org/?n=Downloads

*6005 Images – for Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 *
iwlwifi-6000g2a-ucode-17.168.5.3.tgz
<http://intellinuxwireless.org/iwlwifi/downloads/iwlwifi-6000g2a-ucode-17.168.5.3.tgz>

Sorry, replied too quickly; it is a gzipped tar file, therefore you will
have to extract it first :-

tar -xzf iwlwifi-6000g2a-ucode-17.165.53.tgz

--

Archive: 4F9BB842.6020506@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F9BB842.6020506@gmail.com

Old 04-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Jochen Spieker

hamed hosseini:

> i have
>
> PCI: 8086:0085 Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205
>
> but Squeeze dont support this pci and i want install this driver from here
>
> http://intellinuxwireless.org/?n=Downloads

I have no idea whether your card is actually supported by iwlwifi, but
if it is, you just need to 'apt-get install firmware-iwlwifi' (it's in
non-free) to get the firmware.

J.
--
In idle moments I remember former lovers with sentimental tenderness.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 04-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Camaleón

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:11:53 +0330, hamed hosseini wrote:

> hi

Hi, but please, avoid sending html formatted posts, thanks.

> i want install iwlwifi driver in debian 6.0.4, what i am must to do?
>
> i have
>
> PCI: 8086:0085 Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205
>
> but Squeeze dont support this pci and i want install this driver from
> here
>
> http://intellinuxwireless.org/?n=Downloads
>
> *6005 Images – for Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 *
> iwlwifi-6000g2a-ucode-17.168.5.3.tgz<http://intellinuxwireless.org/iwlwifi/downloads/iwlwifi-6000g2a-ucode-17.168.5.3.tgz>

Mmm, that's not a driver but microcode.

> how can install this driver is debian 6?

There's a README file next to the download link [L]:

http://intellinuxwireless.org/tar.php?p=iwlwifi&f=README.iwlwifi-6000g2b-ucode&a=iwlwifi-6000g2b-ucode-18.168.6.1.tgz

But I'm not sure that just by installing the microcode this is going to work
because of your kernel version (your device seems to be supported since kernel
2.6.35 while Squeeze has 2.6.32).

> note : debian Wheezy support this pci
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi

Then you can try with a backported kernel.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón