Old 04-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Jude DaShiell

Default openoffice almost installs

latex2 writer unopkg fails and that prevents openoffice from being
configured at least by dpkg. The reason I got a broken pipe error was
desktop environment had to be removed in upgrade process to preserve
certain gnome packages that had already been installed. Interestingly
this time dexconf built a bad configuration file without any screens.
Fortunately one of the times it had made a good xorg.conf I copied that
onto removeable media so copying it to the right place on the hard drive
got gnome up and working.