FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Gary Roach
 
Default Iceweasel mess with this mailing list

I'm not sure where the problem lies, but all of the mail I am receiving
from this mailing list is coming in as attachments to attachments to a
blank email. This mailing list is different than the others to which I
subcribe in that after the index all of the messages are attachments.
All my other lists are working fine but have the messages included in
the body of the original email.


Any ideas?

Gary R,


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4F98256F.7090707@verizon.net">http://lists.debian.org/4F98256F.7090707@verizon.net
 
Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Mika Suomalainen
 
Default Iceweasel mess with this mailing list

On 25.04.2012 19:25, Gary Roach wrote:
> I'm not sure where the problem lies, but all of the mail I am receiving
> from this mailing list is coming in as attachments to attachments to a
> blank email. This mailing list is different than the others to which I
> subcribe in that after the index all of the messages are attachments.
> All my other lists are working fine but have the messages included in
> the body of the original email.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Gary R,
>
>

Does this happen with all emails or only those which are PGP/MIME
signed? I know that PGP/MIME causes problems with some clients, but I
don't think that Icedove is one of them.
You could try installing the package "enigmail" to see if you don't have
it already installed.

Enigmail adds GPG support to Icedove/Thunderbird. It shows banner which
reads is the signature valid or not instead of signature.asc attachments
or "long mess" in the end of emails.

--
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728
Key fingerprint = 24BC 1573 B8EE D666 D10A AA65 4DB5 3CFE 82A4 6728
 
Old 04-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Camaleón
 
Default Iceweasel mess with this mailing list

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 09:25:19 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:

> I'm not sure where the problem lies, but all of the mail I am receiving
> from this mailing list is coming in as attachments to attachments to a
> blank email. This mailing list is different than the others to which I
> subcribe in that after the index all of the messages are attachments.
> All my other lists are working fine but have the messages included in
> the body of the original email.
>
> Any ideas?

You wanted to mean "Icedove" (the MUA), right?

Have you susbscribed to get "digest" instead "regular" e-mails?

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: jn9cjo$qo9$18@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/jn9cjo$qo9$18@dough.gmane.org
 
Old 04-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Mika Suomalainen
 
Default Iceweasel mess with this mailing list

On 25.04.2012 20:34, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 09:25:19 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure where the problem lies, but all of the mail I am receiving
>> from this mailing list is coming in as attachments to attachments to a
>> blank email. This mailing list is different than the others to which I
>> subcribe in that after the index all of the messages are attachments.
>> All my other lists are working fine but have the messages included in
>> the body of the original email.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> You wanted to mean "Icedove" (the MUA), right?
>
> Have you susbscribed to get "digest" instead "regular" e-mails?
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/
>
> Greetings,
>

According to "dispmua" (package: xul-ext-dispmua), Gary is using
Icedove. I didn't even notice that the subject reads "Iceweasel" before
I replied.

--
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728
Key fingerprint = 24BC 1573 B8EE D666 D10A AA65 4DB5 3CFE 82A4 6728
 
Old 04-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Camaleón
 
Default Iceweasel mess with this mailing list

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:40:32 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

> On 25.04.2012 20:34, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 09:25:19 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure where the problem lies, but all of the mail I am
>>> receiving from this mailing list is coming in as attachments to
>>> attachments to a blank email. This mailing list is different than the
>>> others to which I subcribe in that after the index all of the messages
>>> are attachments. All my other lists are working fine but have the
>>> messages included in the body of the original email.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> You wanted to mean "Icedove" (the MUA), right?
>>
>> Have you susbscribed to get "digest" instead "regular" e-mails?
>>
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/
>>
>>
>>
> According to "dispmua" (package: xul-ext-dispmua),

I didn't know about such a package existed (he, he... I wonder what icon
displays with my posts ;-P)

> Gary is using Icedove. I didn't even notice that the subject reads
> "Iceweasel" before I replied.

Yup, that was my first thought when I read his message.

It also happened to me (in the earlier days after I moved to Debian) that
I couldn' associate the names of the Mozilla applications as I did not
remember those "Ice-thingies" what corresponded to what exactly, I was
more accustomed to the upstream names, Firefox and Thunderbird :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: jne93s$off$8@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/jne93s$off$8@dough.gmane.org
 
Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Mika Suomalainen
 
Default Iceweasel mess with this mailing list

On 27.04.2012 17:05, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:40:32 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
>
>> On 25.04.2012 20:34, Camaleón wrote:
>>> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 09:25:19 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
>>>
>>>> I'm not sure where the problem lies, but all of the mail I am
>>>> receiving from this mailing list is coming in as attachments to
>>>> attachments to a blank email. This mailing list is different than the
>>>> others to which I subcribe in that after the index all of the messages
>>>> are attachments. All my other lists are working fine but have the
>>>> messages included in the body of the original email.
>>>>
>>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> You wanted to mean "Icedove" (the MUA), right?
>>>
>>> Have you susbscribed to get "digest" instead "regular" e-mails?
>>>
>>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> According to "dispmua" (package: xul-ext-dispmua),
>
> I didn't know about such a package existed (he, he... I wonder what icon
> displays with my posts ;-P)

It looks like news paper, which is upside down and reads "PAN"
(screenshot). When pointed, the popup says "Pan/0.132 (Waxed in Black)".

>> Gary is using Icedove. I didn't even notice that the subject reads
>> "Iceweasel" before I replied.
>
> Yup, that was my first thought when I read his message.
>
> It also happened to me (in the earlier days after I moved to Debian) that
> I couldn' associate the names of the Mozilla applications as I did not
> remember those "Ice-thingies" what corresponded to what exactly, I was
> more accustomed to the upstream names, Firefox and Thunderbird :-)
>
> Greetings,
>


--
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728
Key fingerprint = 24BC 1573 B8EE D666 D10A AA65 4DB5 3CFE 82A4 6728
 
Old 04-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Camaleón
 
Default Iceweasel mess with this mailing list

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 17:39:07 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

> On 27.04.2012 17:05, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>> According to "dispmua" (package: xul-ext-dispmua),
>>
>> I didn't know about such a package existed (he, he... I wonder what
>> icon displays with my posts ;-P)
>
> It looks like news paper, which is upside down and reads "PAN"
> (screenshot). When pointed, the popup says "Pan/0.132 (Waxed in Black)".

Hey, thanks for the attachment.

And it does it perfectly, that's Pan default icon :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: jnefpb$off$16@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/jnefpb$off$16@dough.gmane.org
 
Old 04-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Mika Suomalainen
 
Default Iceweasel mess with this mailing list

On 27.04.2012 18:59, Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 17:39:07 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
>
>> On 27.04.2012 17:05, Camaleón wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>>>> According to "dispmua" (package: xul-ext-dispmua),
>>>
>>> I didn't know about such a package existed (he, he... I wonder what
>>> icon displays with my posts ;-P)
>>
>> It looks like news paper, which is upside down and reads "PAN"
>> (screenshot). When pointed, the popup says "Pan/0.132 (Waxed in Black)".
>
> Hey, thanks for the attachment.
>
> And it does it perfectly, that's Pan default icon :-)
>
> Greetings,
>

You're welcome

--
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728
Key fingerprint = 24BC 1573 B8EE D666 D10A AA65 4DB5 3CFE 82A4 6728
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org