Old 04-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Patrick Wiseman

Default FYI: nautilus-dropbox works with Xfce's file manager, Thunar

Hello, all:

I recently installed a new testing system, using the xfce
installation, so as to avoid the new GNOME. I wanted to install
DropBox, which comes in a package called nautilus-dropbox. I feared
that I was going to have to install Nautilus, but it turns out that's
not so. When I first opened the DropBox folder, I was prompted to
choose my file manager of choice, Thunar.

I found that interesting, and pleasing, and thought others might be
relieved to hear it too!

Patrick

Old 04-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:26:18 -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> I recently installed a new testing system, using the xfce installation,
> so as to avoid the new GNOME. I wanted to install DropBox, which comes
> in a package called nautilus-dropbox. I feared that I was going to have
> to install Nautilus, but it turns out that's not so. When I first opened
> the DropBox folder, I was prompted to choose my file manager of choice,
> Thunar.

It seems that "nautilus" is suggested but not required. Good :-)

> I found that interesting, and pleasing, and thought others might be
> relieved to hear it too!

Thanks for sharing the info.

OTOH, do you know -by any chance- why is that package at the "non-free"
section? I thought it was released under a GPL license :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 04-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Patrick Wiseman

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:26:18 -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
>
>> I recently installed a new testing system, using the xfce installation,
>> so as to avoid the new GNOME. I wanted to install DropBox, which comes
>> in a package called nautilus-dropbox. I feared that I was going to have
>> to install Nautilus, but it turns out that's not so. When I first opened
>> the DropBox folder, I was prompted to choose my file manager of choice,
>> Thunar.
>
> It seems that "nautilus" is suggested but not required. Good :-)
>
>> I found that interesting, and pleasing, and thought others might be
>> relieved to hear it too!
>
> Thanks for sharing the info.
>
> OTOH, do you know -by any chance- why is that package at the "non-free"
> section? I thought it was released under a GPL license :-?

I guess because it downloads the Dropbox binary, which is not FOSS?
(Sorry for sending private reply, that's Gmail's annoying default
behavior.)