Old 04-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Charlie

Default Sound in my headphones - clicking of keys on keyboard....

I have turned on something on my laptop using:

Debian wheezy 3.2.0-2-686-pae using fvwm

So that it produces constant feedback [background buzzing] and the
sound of clicking on my keyboard when typing.

I have no idea what I turned on, but can't turn it off.

I was trying to get my microphone working. Can someone please help.

Thank you,
Charlie
--
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Be like the sun and the meadow, which are not in the least concerned
with the coming winter. ---anon

Old 04-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Charlie

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:58:05 +1000 "Charlie ariestao@skymesh.com.au"
suggested this:

>I have turned on something on my laptop using:
>
>Debian wheezy 3.2.0-2-686-pae using fvwm
>
>So that it produces constant feedback [background buzzing] and the
>sound of clicking on my keyboard when typing.
>
>I have no idea what I turned on, but can't turn it off.
>
>I was trying to get my microphone working. Can someone please help.

Sorry to answer my own email, but the microphone works now and I've
discovered that it was the actual microphone jack [bad connection on
my Toshiba that was the problem so I have reinstalled all my
alsa applications to see if I can mute this microphone. At least I no
longer get the feedback of clicking keys coming through the mic.

Still need help,
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. --Voltaire