Old 04-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Joe

Default How To Install A Complete LEMP (Linux - EngineX (Nginx HTTP SERVER) - Mysql - PHP) Server (Not LAMP...) On Debian Squeese

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:29:01 +0530
Joby Mathew <debianupdate@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> i just want to setup debian webserver with Nginx
>
> i installed and i am getting "*Welcome to nginx*!" page but i am
> not getting other pages which is in the www directory like "info.php"
> so could u please sent me the *How To Install A Complete LEMP (Linux
> - EngineX (Nginx HTTP SERVER) - Mysql - PHP) Server (Not LAMP...) On
> Debian squeese *that could help me a lot me to to setup a good web
> server with Nginx

I would think this is one of those occasions when you would be better
off searching the web. My guess is that the large majority of Debian
users will stay with the default web server, which is Apache. At best,
you will only get a link to a tutorial on the web, which you can
probably find yourself.

Is the Nginx documentation not adequate? Web servers are pretty much
independent of distribution issues.

If you are proposing to open this web server to the public, you will
need to learn a great deal about security.

--
Joe

Old 04-25-2012, 04:09 PM
TFML

I concur... the best thing for you is going on the search engines find documentation that will provide you the information on how-to. What I can personally tell you, I currently do use Nginx as a front to serve https web sites, but then it pushes to a cluster of Apache servers on the backend. Its great for simply doing that for me...