Old 04-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Rob Owens

Default two video cards on Squeeze

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 05:44:51PM -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
> I need to get two monitors running on two separate video cards on a
> Squeeze system. Do I need to customize my xorg.conf, or is there a
> simple gui tool to do this nowadays?

Wow, I got it working already. All I did was:

/etc/init.d/gdm3 stop
X -configure
cp /root/xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
/etc/init.d/gdm3 start

Actually, I did have to make a correction to xorg.conf. The radeonhd
driver did not work, so I switched it to radeon and that fixed it. I
also had to change the order of my screens (right to left), but that's
to be expected.

For the record, my system has an onboard NVidia GeForce 6100 and a PCI
Express ATI Radeon HD 3470. The ATI card has dual DisplayPort outputs,
but my second monitor only has VGA inputs so I opted to use the onboard
VGA instead of buying an adapter.

-Rob