Old 04-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Denny Schierz

Default (solved) Squeeze Debootstrap stoops on NFS4 Solaris10 share (on zfs dataset)

Am 24.04.2012 um 13:58 schrieb Denny Schierz:

> hi,
>
> I have problems to get debootstrap squeeze /path/to/nfs4_solaris/share. It extracting several archives and than you get a prompt, without any messages.
>
> [...]
> I: Extracting libtext-wrapi18n-perl...
> I: Extracting mawk...
> I: Extracting libncurses5...
> I: Extracting ncurses-base...
> I: Extracting ncurses-bin...
> I: Extracting libpam-modules...

problem was, that tar couldn't change the group on the nfs4 share, because, "shadow:42" doesn't exist on the Solaris10 (which is normal). So, create a group with the same name and ID on the NFS server, "fixes" this problem.
NFS3 doesn't take care, if the Id's exists or not, but NFS4 does.

cu denny