Old 04-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Robert Epprecht

Default Debian vs. the Eee PC

Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> writes:

> What variety of Linux is installed on the EeePC?

But why not install proper Debian on it? It works *very* well already

There is a CustomDebian project to make Debian work optimally on the Eee.
Please visit http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/

There is also the mailinglist debian-eeepc-devel.

Feel free to ask questions on irc irc.oftc.net #debian-eeepc.

See you there
Robert Epprecht

Old 04-15-2008, 06:28 AM
Erle Pereira

Robert Epprecht wrote:
> Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> writes:
> > What variety of Linux is installed on the EeePC?

There is a CustomDebian project to make Debian work optimally on the Eee.
Please visit http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/

> There is also the mailinglist debian-eeepc-devel.
> Feel free to ask questions on irc irc.oftc.net #debian-eeepc.

Wow Thanks, I did not know there was a project for this.

see you there

--
with best regards
-Erle