-   -   3D Art was Nodoka suggestions for Fedora 10 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/65858-3d-art-nodoka-suggestions-fedora-10-a.html)

"María Leandro" 04-07-2008 09:33 PM

3D Art was Nodoka suggestions for Fedora 10

cool... I'm making something like that but in inkscape. Let's see what came up with.

See ya!

2008/4/8, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com>:

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 16:08 +0000, María Leandro wrote:
> I would love to see some more eyecandy in this next release of Fedora,
> something more graphicall. i think either on version 6 or 7 we had
> something like that.

> What do you thing of something like this:
>
> http://www.3d-fantasyart.net/fantasy/secret_valley.jpg

That picture would have been made with Bryce,

and possible PoserDaz|studio for the "Horses".
Trees probably from Bryce tree lab or imported from X-Frog.

Nice background material, and time consuming to create,
using repo apps. But give me the time.

Using closed,**you could have it in an hour or two.
But that is not the road to take.
At the moment, have not come across any foss,
quadrupeds. So modelling is required.
Anatomically correct horse, would take time.

Trees another problem.

But I do agree 3d is nice -eye-candy,
maybe for an extras package.

And I will personally start using Blender to that aim.
In the interim 3d should maybe be kept light (time-wise).

Frank

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org
http://www.iseit.net
http://www.latinux.org

http://www.fedora-ve.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MariaLeandro
LinuxUser= 440285
GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56
"Be yourself... Don't be anyone else"

Máirín Duffy 04-07-2008 09:40 PM

Frank Murphy wrote:

[...]

There are quite a few free models for Blender out there. Mancandy is one
notable one:
http://www.blendernation.com/2007/10/18/mancandy-officially-released/

More here:

http://e2-productions.com/repository/index.php

If you google around you will find lots.

~m

Frank Murphy 04-08-2008 06:56 AM

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 17:40 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Frank Murphy wrote:

> > At the moment, have not come across any foss,
> > quadrupeds. So modelling is required.
> > Anatomically correct horse, would take time.
> > Trees another problem.
> >
> > But I do agree 3d is nice -eye-candy,
> > maybe for an extras package.
> >
> > And I will personally start using Blender to that aim.
> > In the interim 3d should maybe be kept light (time-wise).
>
> There are quite a few free models for Blender out there. Mancandy is one
> notable one:
> http://www.blendernation.com/2007/10/18/mancandy-officially-released/

Anatomically correct, not

> More here:
>
> http://e2-productions.com/repository/index.php
>
> If you google around you will find lots.

As above no quods

Frank

Frank Murphy 04-08-2008 07:01 AM

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 17:03 +0000, María Leandro wrote:
> cool... I'm making something like that but in inkscape. Let's see what
> came up with.

Excellent

Frank