Old 04-21-2012, 02:06 PM
peter green

Default Prompting for settings on first boot of a pre-installed image.

Sometimes it is desirable for a system to be shipped in a pre-installed
form. This may be pre-installed on hardware or it may be in the form of
an image. In such cases there are a number of questions (language,
keyboard layout, hostname, network settings, timezone etc) that will be
known to the end user but will not be known to the person doing the
installation. There are also certain security settings that should be
reset under such scenarios.

The obvious soloution is to set things up so that the user is asked
these questions when they first boot thier system. I could probablly
roll my own scripts to do this if I had to but i'm wondering if this is
an already solved problem and if so whether someone could point me in
the direction of the soloution.