-   -   finding previous package version (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/658192-finding-previous-package-version.html)

David Zelinsky 04-20-2012 10:52 PM

finding previous package version

I recently did a large upgrade in wheezy, and now I want to downgrade a
certain package to the previous version. Is there some way to get my
hands on that previous version?

Specifically, the upgrade brought up debian bug #665004, which made my
touchpad scrolling stop working right. The bug report indicates the
culprit is the upgrade of xserver-xorg-input-synaptics from version
1.5.0-2 to 1.5.99.901-1, and that downgrading fixes it. But I don't
know where to find the older package. The other distributions have an
even older version (1.4.x), which is maybe too old.

-David

Aves 04-20-2012 11:21 PM

finding previous package version

I think you can do it by editing your preferences (man apt_preferences)

You'll basically have to inform the package name, the version you wish to get back and the most delicate to set : the priority.

I recently did a large upgrade in wheezy, and now I want to downgrade a
certain package to the previous version. Is there some way to get my
hands on that previous version?

Specifically, the upgrade brought up debian bug #665004, which made my
touchpad scrolling stop working right. The bug report indicates the
culprit is the upgrade of xserver-xorg-input-synaptics from version
1.5.0-2 to 1.5.99.901-1, and that downgrading fixes it. But I don't
know where to find the older package. The other distributions have an
even older version (1.4.x), which is maybe too old.

-David

Aves

Brian 04-20-2012 11:33 PM

http://snapshot.debian.org/