Old 04-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Gary Dale

Default Bacula scripts are missing

Somehow I've got my Bacula server setup with an empty
/etc/bacula/scripts directory. I'm running Debian/Squeeze AMD64 and am
using the sqlite3 database for the bacula catalog.

My backups are running OK (backing up the server and one other machine)
but the catalog backup fails because the make_catalog_backup.pl script
(and the others) is missing.

I've tried reinstalling and/or reconfiguring various bacula and sqlite3
components but so far none of them has touched the scripts folder.

Does anyone know how to get the scripts folder populated with the
standard scripts?

Archive: 4F91A1AA.7090508@rogers.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F91A1AA.7090508@rogers.com

Old 04-21-2012, 02:04 AM
Gary Dale

Somehow I've got my Bacula server setup with an empty
/etc/bacula/scripts directory. I'm running Debian/Squeeze AMD64 and am
using the sqlite3 database for the bacula catalog.

My backups are running OK (backing up the server and one other
machine) but the catalog backup fails because the
make_catalog_backup.pl script (and the others) is missing.

I've tried reinstalling and/or reconfiguring various bacula and
sqlite3 components but so far none of them has touched the scripts
folder.

Does anyone know how to get the scripts folder populated with the
standard scripts?

Nevermind, I tried a different approach - set up bacula-server on a
different machine and scp'd the scripts directory to it.

Archive: 4F9215A3.7020709@rogers.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F9215A3.7020709@rogers.com

Old 04-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 13:49:30 -0400, Gary Dale wrote:

(...)

> Does anyone know how to get the scripts folder populated with the
> standard scripts?

I've already seen you solved this by your own, so just adding another
option to get the job done which works for any package.

The file you were looking for ("make_catalog_backup.pl) is provided by
tree different packages¹, depending on the database backend you're using.

So as you installed SQLite3, you can manually download the corresponding
"bacula-director-sqlite3" file for your architecture and extract the needed
file by simply browsing -no need to (re)install- the deb package (e.g.,
using Midnight Commander) and copying the file back to your local
"/etc/bacula/scripts" path.

¹http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=make_catalog_bac kup.pl

Greetings,

--