Old 04-07-2008, 05:15 PM
"Mumia W.."

Default An Mplayer question

On 04/07/2008 12:42 PM, Walt L. Williams wrote:

Greetings all

I used Mplayer on the SuSE(10) system I used to use
to play mpg and avi movies. On my former system I merely
had to do the install it and it was ready to use. Mplayer
on Debian (etch) seems to be broken. What must I do
to get Mplayer working on Debian? It gives me to
following error:

Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Go into Mplayer's preferences dialog and select Video-> Available
drivers. Select a video driver that you are confident works, e.g. X11
(if you're running under XFree86 or Xorg).

Experiment with the other video output devices if you want possible
better performance.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Angus Auld

--- "Walt L. Williams" <waltwilliams@intergate.com>
wrote:

> Greetings all
>
> I used Mplayer on the SuSE(10) system I used to use
> to play mpg and avi movies. On my former system I
> merely
> had to do the install it and it was ready to use.
> Mplayer
> on Debian (etch) seems to be broken. What must I do
>
> to get Mplayer working on Debian? It gives me to
> following error:
>
> Error opening/initializing the selected video_out
> (-vo) device
>
> Any suggestions on how to correct this?
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Walt L. Williams
Walt, if multimedia is important to your computing
experience, migrate to "Lenny". You will most likely
find things just "work better". I don't think
multimedia is what "Etch" is aimed at.

YMMV. Best regards.

--
gus

Old 04-08-2008, 12:55 AM
"Walt L. Williams"

Ooops! I forgot to mention which GUI I'm using. ---> KDE

--
Best Regards
Walt L. Williams

.